- More than 2.2 million women of childbearing age live in maternity care deserts that have no hospital offering obstetric care, no birth center and no obstetric provider
- 40% of US rural counties lack qualified maternity care providers
- Only 8% of obstetric providers report practicing in rural areas
- According to Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) between 2004 and 2014, 179 rural counties lost or closed their hospital obstetric services
- More than 10% of rural women drive 100 miles or more for these services
WONDER has a proven solution!
A safe and secure way to provide state of the art obstetric care, geared for providers.
WONDER App with unique features and strong clinical support through WONDER Telehealth System (WTS) – Auxiliary Nurse Midwives (ANMs), Doulas, and Community Health Workers are providing up to date antenatal care with confidence! It can collaborate between obstetricians and Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) to make a difference!
- Remote patient monitoring designed for providers
- Clinical decision support tools
- Two-way communication between provider and tertiary care facility
- Telehealth consultations through video/audio